PreK and Daycare Dry-land Swim Class
"Outside of the Water"
Swim class should be part of each day's routine.
You, as Parents and Educators, can now begin to teach your children, since Nami's book and swim practice drills are an adult and parent's guide to start the swim lesson conversation, outside of the water.
- Using everyday household items.
- Suitable for children 1 year old and older.
- Children are never to young too start their water journey.
What you will Learn
- CHAPTER 1: "How do you Breathe in the Water?" Parents, Teachers and little swimmers will learn our 7 progression drills to practice proper breath exchange, Inhale and Exhale.
- NO HOLDING BREATH- EVER.
- CHAPTER 2: "How do you BALANCE/STREAMLINE in the Water?" Parents, Teachers and little swimmers will learn our 5 progression drills to practice how to coordinate both a streamline body position and maintain balance, so they can more comfortably take a breath.
- CHAPTER 3: "How do you MOVE in the Water?" Parents, Teachers and little swimmers will learn our 7 progression drills to practice proper propulsion, through kicking and arm strokes.
The above progression drills (breathing, balance, streamline and propulsion) have been proven to build confidence and comfort in the water in a fun and engaging environment.
ALL OUTSIDE OF THE WATER!
The book "Sue Nami's Swimming Journey Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming FUNdamentals Outside of the Water" and "Sue nami's Swimming Journey" & the online tutorial "Sue Nami's Daycare Dry-land Swim Class" and it’s content are copyright of Cynthia M.Klein - © 2020Cynthia M. Klein
All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
Nor may you transmit or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Disclaimer: The drills in this course are pre-swim class, with an introduction
to the fundamentals to swimming. The drills and practices are not to replace
traditional in-water swim class with a properly trained swimming instructor or coach.
All children must ask permission from an adult before approaching any body of water.
Photo Examples of Class Content
Learning Proper Breath Exchange
Chapter 1: Class 5
Child learns to Exhale when their mouth is near the water, then LOOK UP to take a breath.
Where's my mouth? Where's the Air?
Chapter 1: Class 7
Child learns how to put entire face into the water and exhale. BUBBLES
Learning to Control Streamline Balance
Chapter 2: Class 2
Training the body to maintain balance in a streamline swimmer's position and build confidence to recover and take a breath.
Chapter 3: Class 1, 2, 3, 4
Training the body to properly kick on front and back.
Training the body to kick and rollover from front to back, and back to front.
Learning proper Kicking and Arm Strokes
Chapter 3: Class 5 Back Stroke
Training the body, legs and arms to properly kick and stroke, to manipulate the water, maintain balance, and recover to take a breath.
Chapter 3: Class 6 Front Crawl
Learning to properly stroke arms for Freestyle stroke
"Sue Nami's Swimming Journey-Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming FUNdamentals Outside of the Water"
at Amazon.com or any book outlet store.
The CDC states Drowning is an epidemic and is the number ONE cause of death for children under the age of 5.
More than 50% of drowning victims treated in emergency departments (EDs) require hospitalization or transfer for further care (compared with a hospitalization rate of about 6% for all unintentional injuries).1,2 These nonfatal drowning injuries can cause severe brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities such as memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning (e.g., permanent vegetative state).3,4 www.cdc.gov
After viewing the video, and answering 1 FUN "quiz question, you will advance to the next drill in the progression.
Scroll down to Enrollment
AND don't forget to HAVE FUN
Check out the free previews of each chapter
- CHAPTER 1: How do YOU BREATHE in the Water? Video of "Sue Nami's Swimming Journey" "Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming FUNdamentals Outside of the Water" (6:28)
- INTRODUCTION to Chapter 1: BREATH (1:18)
- BREATH: Class 1- Exhale from Lungs (2:51)
- BREATH: Class 2- Confetti and a Straw (controlled exhale) (1:38)
- BREATH: Class 3- Directional & Controlled Air Exchange (1:48)
- BREATH: Class 4- Floor Controlled Exhale (while in a front swimmer's position) (1:44)
- BREATH: Class 5- Bowl of Water Surface Blow (introduction to water) (2:16)
- BREATH: Class 6- Noodle and a Straw Bubbles in a Blowl of Water (direct air exchange in water) (3:16)
- BREATH: Class 7- Full Mouth & Face in a Blow of Water (let's get our face WET..BUBBLES)New Lecture (2:35)
- The End of Chapter 1 (0:45)
- Chapter 2: How do You Balance and Streamline in the Water? Video of "Sue Nami's Swimming Journey" Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming Fundamentals Outside of the Water. (5:39)
- Introduction to Chapter 2: How do You Balance and Streamline in the Water? (1:23)
- BALANCE: Class 1 Streamline Jumps (3:17)
- BALANCE: Class 2- Streamline Directional Jumps (work on balance while coordinating streamline & breath exchange (3:17)
- BALANCE: Class 3- Streamline & Blowing a Ball (controlled streamline balance & controlled breath exchange) (3:49)
- BALANCE: Class 4- Streamline & Swimming Breath (open the window over a bowl of water) (3:10)
- BALANCE: Class 5- Streamline Breath with Full Face in the Water (BUBBLES) (3:15)
- The End of Chapter 2 (0:45)
- Chapter 3: How do You Move in the Water? Video of "Sue Nami's Swimming Journey" Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming Fundamentals Outside of the Water. (8:45)
- INTRODUCTION to Chapter 3: Propulsion (1:32)
- PROPULSION: Class 1- Back Float Kick (5:00)
- PROPULSION: Class 2- Front Float Kick (3:09)
- PROPULSION: Class 3- Rollover with a Kick (front to back roll coordinating with proper breath exchange) (2:12)
- PROPULSION: Class 4- Rollover in Streamline (front streamline kick to back kick coordinating with proper breath exchange) (2:25)
- PROPULSION: Class 5- Back Crawl Stroke- Backstroke (arm stroke with proper body position and proper breath exchange) (5:37)
- PROPULSION: Class 6- Front Crawl Stroke- Freestyle (arm stroke in streamline and balance with proper breath exchange) (4:06)
- PROPULSION: Class 7- Swimming Freestyle and Backstroke in the Shower (let's get wet) (4:09)
- The END of Chapter 3 and Sue Nami's Daycare Dry-land Swim Drills (0:52)
Coach Ira and Cindy Klein
Coaches Ira & Cindy Klein have been coaching swimming for decades.
They are the co-founders of the non-profit Klein Swim Academy.
Coach Cindy Klein created a Baby/Me swim curriculum to educate parents about the 4 foundation of swimming, to help eradicate drowning.
“This project and book have been a passion of hers.
I wrote "Sue Nami's Swimming Journey" Teaching Water Awareness and Swimming FUNdamentals Outside of the Water" and "Sue Nami's Daycare Dry-land Swim Class" as a new type of swim class, a pre-swim class, during the 2020 pandemic.
About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger. For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries, brain injury.
We can’t risk children not getting swim lessons because of the pandemic. We must consider the many children and families who are located in geographically difficult and climate challenged areas that do not have traditional swim classes available. There is no wrong time for children to learn and understand the fundamentals and foundations to swimming, especially when they can practice “Outside of the Water”.